Thursday, September 27, 2012

Run for the hills!!!

Actually, the run I'm doing this weekend is for Autism Speaks, "an organization dedicated to funding global biomedical research into the causes, prevention, treatments, and cure for autism; to raising public awareness about autism and its effects on individuals, families, and society; and to bringing hope to all who deal with the hardships of this disorder." 10 miles. Oh...my...god...! But it should be a great race! I'm going with a friend of mine and her friend, so it will also be a girls weekend, which should be fun! I'll write a post about the race on Monday, hopefully to include some awesome pics of me during and after the race!

Run!!! They're right behind you! (courtesy of Run Disney)

So, what race am I running? Why, it's the Tower of Terror 10 miler!!!  This is my very first Disney race, which I am super excited about, and it's the longest race I've run to date! I'm really excited and really nervous all at the same time! Mostly, I'm excited! My main goal is to run the whole thing, my secondary goal is to run it in 2 hours or less...we shall see! I guess my main focus should be to finish; although I have total confidence that unless something bad happens during the race ( don't worry I've already created an innumerable list inside my head of what those things could be from breaking my ankle to a freak bird accident) I will be fine! This will also be my last run in my old shoes. Tomorrow we leave and kick off the weekend, I can't wait!!

So, my dear blog friends, that is where I will be this weekend! I hope you all have a fun and active weekend this weekend, and wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment