Monday, October 1, 2012

Victory!!!

Well, hello blog world!!! Since I am typing this, you can all safely assume that I survived the weekend! The Tower of Terror 10 miler weekend was AWESOME! We headed down Friday morning, and didn't return until Sunday afternoon! It was a whirlwind to say the least! RunDisney put on an amazing fitness expo the days before (and the day of) the race which included vendors, fitness experts, snack peddlers, and the like. We got to meet Jeff Galloway!!!! For those that don't know who Jeff Galloway is, he is an expert runner, and the face of RunDisney! So that was a bit exciting, but the more exciting thing about him; I finished only 6 minutes after him.....WHAT?!?!?!!!! OK ok ok....I know, he OBVIOUSLY wasn't giving it 100% and I was, but that is still pretty awesome! And regardless of whether he was actually running it backwards or crawling and I was giving it 150%, that doesn't change the fact that we finished near each other; amazing. And to top it all of I completed every one of my goals I had mentally set for myself! Which included;
  1. Finish
  2. Run the whole thing
  3. Finish sub 2 hours
I was sooo happy with myself! So here were my time splits :
  • 5K - 36:17
  • 10K - 1:13:48
  • Finish 10 miles - 1:59
So, I barely finished under two hours, but I did, and that's what mattered..to me. But, I feel pretty good about my 5K and 10K times as well, seeing as I was only running at about 80% when I reached the 5K distance, and by the 10K I was starting to feel a bit tired but I was digging deep and giving it about 100%  effort.

Overall, it was great, I totally kicked ass and I was taking names! I finished 3055 out of over 10,000 runners! Which was great! And I finished 1564 out of the 5653 women that finished, which for me, is pretty darn great! In order to remember my great accomplishment and to commemorate the great weekend my friends and I each order one of these :

Oooooo!!!! :)

It comes complete with a duplicate medal, duplicate bib, and a spot to put your own photo in. I can't wait for this to arrive! Oh and speaking of medal, here is the medal I won for completing the race! 

Taa daa!!!

So, yes, the race was fun, it had the Disney charm and fun you'd expect, plus I was able to do my personal best, and most of all, I survived! And what's crazier?! My friends and I have decided to try for the Princess Half Marathon back down in Disney in February. Am I crazy? Insane? A glutton for punishment? Yes, to all three, but we're going for it! What's another 3 miles?!

No comments:

Post a Comment