Tuesday, October 23, 2012

HIIT It Up!

Hello blog world! It's time for another ramped up workout edition of my blog posts! This past Sunday was such a beautiful day! The weather was cool in the morning, which is a nice change of pace for where I live, and lends itself quite nicely to working out in the great outdoors! On this beautiful morning my training buddy, Olive, and I decided to hit the ground running...or walking. We started out with a nice walk and then decided to throw in some HIIT! In case you are reading this and are unaware of what HIIT stands for, it is High Intensity Interval Training. There are many different definitions of what this means, but for me, I was walking about 1 minute to 1 1/2 minutes of brisk walking with 30-60seconds of thigh burning sprints! It was great! We kept at it for about 60 minutes, including warming up and cooling down, so we definitely got a great workout! I was whipped! But it felt great! I definitely want to make Sundays my HIIT day! And that means Monday will become either a weights day or a day off!
Olive was pooped after our workout

Do you enjoy HIIT? 

No comments:

Post a Comment