Monday, April 22, 2013

Zucchini Boats

So first of all let me ask you this :

well have you?

That was worth sharing for sure! :)

Anyways, on to the main topic here, zucchini boats! Yea!!! Zucchini's stuffed with veggies and and ground turkey, yum!! I was buzzing around the internet/pinterest the other day, looking for a way to use up some of the ingredients I had left at the end of the week and came across this delicious sounding recipe! When I came across this one, I knew I had to give it a try! And I'm glad I did! It was great! So, I figured, I better not keep this one a secret, so here you go!

Zucchini Boats

Ingredients
2 zucchinis
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 gloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup diced mushrooms
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 medium tomato, diced
1/4 lb ground turkey
3 tbsp basil
1ish tbsp rosemary
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1 egg, beaten
pinch of salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 375

Cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise, and scoop out the middle to make room for the filling, keep some of your scrappings! Make sure the "shell" of the zucchini is still strong! Don't dig out too much!

Saute the mushrooms and onion with the olive oil for a few minutes, then add the mushrooms and zucchini insides that you saved. Remove the mixture from the skillet, but keep it near by. Next spray the pan with some Pam or you could use more olive oil, and brown the turkey. Once the turkey is fully browned add the veggie mixture back to the pan. Add the chicken broth and the tomato, as well as the rosemary and basil.

Remove from heat and let cool slightly before adding the beaten egg and parmesan, mix well! Divide the mixture amongst the zucchini halves. Place the zucchini boats in a baking dish with a little bit of water and cook for 40 minutes.
Baking up all yummy like!!!

I served mine with some wild rice, and a salad. My husband LOVED them!!! Which was great because he is not a tomato fan!!

Yummm

Enjoy! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment